Production Assistant Internship
Do you dream of working in the arts, entertainment, or media industry once you graduate from college? Are you a passionate, business-minded student who can support a growing enterprise? If so, keep reading! We are seeking two college-level interns to dedicate 10-15 hours per week to our growing business.
TRS Productions LLC is a fine arts and entertainment production company located in the Hampton Roads area. Our goal is to provide quality live and virtual entertainment to our audiences. TRS Productions gives local aspiring artists the platform to showcase their talents and abilities. At TRS Productions, we bring Broadway to VA!
Meet The Team
Intern Job Responsibilities:
● Work closely with the Director and CEO to plan, organize, schedule, and assess resource needs for various upcoming productions.
● Schedule meetings and manage production calendars, and communicate effectively with cast members to notify them of schedule changes.
● Coordinate with marketing and sales staff to select, order, and purchase production materials such as costumes, props, and other items.
● Assist with set-up, breakdown, and overall coordination of select events.
● Run errands such as purchasing supplies, props, equipment, food, and other necessary items for production.
● Support staff by answering phones, taking detailed notes during meetings, inputting data into the computer, and performing other tasks as required.
Work Hours & Benefits:
This unpaid, for-credit, internship will span 10-15 hours per week. While students will be expected to attend select events in person, this position is primarily virtual with flexible scheduling. College students will have the opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience assisting and supporting a full-scale production company.
Intern Qualifications / Skills:
● Excellent verbal communication
● Strong organization
● Working knowledge of social channels
● Access to a computer and reliable internet access
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
● Current college student
● Prior customer service experience is preferred
● All majors are welcome, including mass communications, media, public relations, human services, arts administration and business.
● Students must be able to receive college credit.